January 26, 2021
How do you build wooden outdoor stairs?
In this blog post, we will explain how you can easily build outdoor stairs or garden steps yourself.
It is really not as hard as you might think, you can easliy do it yourself!
Then let us start by making our shopping list, what do you need in order to build your outdoor stairs?
- at least two staircase stringers for garden stairs
- stair steps for the steps (2 timbers per step)
- screws in stainless steel in order to fix the timbers on the staircase stringers
- galvanized fastening brackets in order to fix the stairs against a wall and on the ground
- an electric or manual screwdriver with the appropriate screwbit
- a drill for drilling holes in the wall in case it is made of stone
- screws for the fastening brackets
- Possibly timber in case you wish to make risers
- a level
February 27, 2020
How to build a pergola yourself?
Building a pergola is not so difficult as it seems. A bit of a handy(wo)man can do it yourself!
In the blog post we provide you tips and trics to build your own pergola. To ease the job, we propose different types of pargola brackets, screws, timber, shade sails, anything you need to do the job!
What types of pergolas exist?
Actually, we can distinguish 2 types of pergolas:
- Freestanding pergola, This is a pergola that is not attached to anything and has at least 4 posts.
- Lean to pergola, This type of pergola is attached to a wall at at least one side, in this case the pergola has 2 posts, but it can also be built in a corner of 2 walls so that the pergola only needs 1 post. It is even possible to build a pergola in a corner of 3 walls so that you don't need any posts at all!
There are also two versions that exist of the lean to pergola;
- model A, where the fabric slides away from or towards the wall
- model B where the fabric slides parallel to the wall.
February 06, 2020
How to mount a nesling shade sail?
Vinuovo has been a reseller for Nesling shade sails for more then 10 years already and we have introduced the Nesling shade sails to the french market! We have installed dozens of them and provided hundreds of customers with advice!
You can buy a very expensive shade sail, but once badly mounted it might cause some severe problems. A correct installed shade sail, can remain in place all season long, from the first sun in spring up to the first snow at the end of the season (except for very heavy storms... (personally I have never demounted a shade sail due to heavy winds, however our offices are based upon a 500 meter high windy hill. We also have many customers in the south of France where the shade sails are exposed to the southern Mistral winds but never a Nesling shade sail has torned! If something goes wrong, it's always due to the fixations or bad mounting...)
However, it's not that hard to mount s shade sail, as long as you don't underestimate the force of heavy wind. Below we provide you with some tips and trics, please don't hesitate to contact our customer service if you need some additional information.
January 30, 2020
Wood preservation by pressure impregnation: pressure treated wood
Wood preservation is achieved by impregnating fungi and insect repellants. A lot of wood that is used outside is impregnated. This is often done with the aid of a pressure vessel, in which the wood is brought under vacuum, after which the impregnating agent is added. Due to the vacuum, the agent will be introduced into the pores of the wood.
Depending on the quality of the impregnating substances used and the duration of the treatment, impregnated wood meets the application class 3 or 4 (note, the application class is opposite to the durability class!).
- Application class 3: wood exposed to weather conditions without ground contact, then you need durability class 1, 2 or 3 if impregnated class 3.
- Application class 4: Wood exposed to weather conditions with permanent ground contact, then you need durability class 1, 2 or 3 if impregnated class 4.
In short, wood that is mentioned on our website as impregnated wood class 4 is application class 4, with a durability of 15 to 25 years.
It is important to know that impregnated wood consists of many different qualities ... Many cheaper impregnated wood products, have a lower durability because the quality of the impregnated materials is lower, or because impregnation is done quickly so that the substances penetrate the wood on the surface only. Faster is cheaper, but certainly not
January 20, 2020
Braai chimney connection width a single or double flue pipe.
All Home Fires Braais are equiped with a standard round opening to connect a single or double wall flue pipe, even the free-standing Braais.
To ease the job, we propose an adapter which you can place on top of the Braai to which you connect standard flue pipes.
The different Braai models have different diameters, please find an overview below; (dimensions year 2020).
Exit diameter of the Home Fires Braai:
- Braai freestanding FS800 - Ø 250mm
- Braai freestanding FS1200 - Ø 300mm
- Braai build-in BI800 - Ø 250mm
- Braai build-in BI1000 - Ø 300mm
- Braai build-in BI1200 - Ø 300mm
- Spit Braai build-in BI1200XL - Ø 300mm
- Spit Braai build-in BI1500XXL - Ø 400mm
- Braai build-in "Dirty Harry" DH2300XXXL - Ø 450mm
In case you choose a double pipe (DP): you will need the adapter SP>DP
In case you choose a single pipe (SP): you will first need the SP>DP followed by a DP>SP. If you place a single pipe directly on the braai, it will sink through the hole.
You can order these adapters directly via our webshop. We are also able to supply the flue pipes, but as flue pipes are not our core business, we recommend you search the internet to find your best deal!
For the free-standing Braais, you can use the supplied black flue pipe to cover the stainless pipes. Eather you slide it over, or you cut out the back side of the black pipe and simply slide it in front of the round flue pipe.
Please inform yourself regarding local regulations and regulations of your insurance company regarding installation of flue pipes and chimneys. These regulations change